The Nation’s Top 25 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), Business Resource Groups (BRGs) and Diversity Councils were honored at the 9th Annual ERG & Council Honors Award™ luncheon celebration today at the 2017 ERG & Council Conference at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Orlando. Taking top honors was the General Motors Employee Resource Group, followed by the Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Inclusion & Diversity Council and the Aramark Diversity Advisory Board.
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ is part of the annual ERG & Council Conference presented by diversity and inclusion training and consulting firm PRISM International, Inc., andits practice group the Association of ERGs & Councils. “ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital linksfor improving organizational results,” said Linda Stokes, President and CEO of PRISM and co-host “Participants report that completing the application challenges them to look hard and deep at what they are doing by evaluating their efforts and then enacting adjustments that make them better. Our intent is to enable ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils to use this application to learn what they are doing well and how they can continue to increase their impact and effectiveness,” concluded Stokes.
In its ninth year, the prestigious ERG & Council Honors Award™ recognizes and awards the outstanding contributions and achievements of U.S. ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils that lead organizational diversity and inclusion processes and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Fernando Serpa, the Executive Director of the Association and last night’s co-host said, “This year’s applications represented 1,330 ERGs, BRGs, Diversity Councils and their chapters. This is by far the most competitive and exciting field to date.” The 2017 ERG & Council Honors Award™ recipients are a diverse combination of U.S. organizations representing most sectors, geographies and sizes. “We also had several non-Top 25 groups demonstrate best practices and results that deserve to be recognized,” said Serpa. “As a result, we have introduced the Spotlight Impact Award™ that highlights the achievements of these select groups in the categories of Organizational Impact, Talent Management and Culture of Inclusion.”
Award recipients included a diverse combination of corporations, governmental agencies and not for profits representing various sectors, geographies and organization sizes.
Experience the 2017 ERG & Council Honors Award™ Ceremony.
The 2017 ERG & Council Honors Award Ceremony was hosted by Linda Stokes and Fernando Serpa and honored the TOP 25 U.S. ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils.
The 2017 ERG & Council Honors Award™ recipients (by rank):
- General Motors Employee Resource Group Council
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Inclusion & Diversity Council
- Aramark Diversity Advisory Board
- ClinicPride Employee Resource Group – Cleveland Clinic
- Texas Instruments Diversity Network
- Professional Women’s Network Massachusetts Chapter – State Street Corporation
- U.S. Bank Proud to Serve
- Americas D&I Council – JLL
- Diversity Advisory Council – American Airlines
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council – Davenport University
- Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Council – Erie Insurance
- InspirASIAN – AT&T
- Diversity & Inclusion – Delhaize America
- MSAG (Military Support and Assistance Group) – Bank of America
- Entergy Employee Resource Group
- Froedtert Health Diversity Council
- UNIDOS System Resource Group – Carolinas HealthCare System
- Bon Secours Executive Council – Bon Secours Health System
- Ricoh Diversity and Social Responsibility Council – Ricoh USA, Inc.
- Research Quality Nutrition and Technology Diversity and Inclusion Council (RQNT D&I) – The Kellogg Company
- Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) – Enterprise Resource Group – MUFG Union Bank, N.A
- African American Employee Resource Group (AA-ERG) – Northwestern Mutual
- U.S. Bank Spectrum LGBT
- SALUD – Cleveland Clinic
- Diversity Advisory Council – Summa Health
The 2017 Spotlight Impact Award™ recipients in alphabetical order include:
- CalPERS – CalPERS Diversity & Inclusion Group
- KeyBank – Key Business Impact and Networking Groups (KBINGs)
- NextEra Energy, Inc. – NextEra Energy Women in Energy Employee Resource Group
- Northwestern Mutual – Military Veterans ERG
- Novant Health – Latino/Hispanic BRG
- PNC Bank – Cleveland Chapter Military Employee Business Resource Group
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. – Military Virtual EBRG
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. – PNC Regional Diversity & Inclusion Council